Parenting can be very stressful when a child or adolescent is experiencing problems with learning, peer relationships, negative behaviors, and/or their emotional regulation skills that are affecting aspects of their day-to-day life. A psychological evaluation can help to clarify those factors contributing to your child’s difficulties.
Examples of these difficulties might include:
- Problems with focus and attention
- Falling behind with schoolwork/poor academic performance
- Problems getting along with peers
- Hyperactive and/or impulsive behavior
- Frequent tantrums & angry outbursts
- Excessive worrying & fears
- Poor self confidence
- Persistent sad or negative moods
We provide comprehensive psychological evaluations/testing for a wide range of psychological conditions that impact children and adolescents. For example, we can help to determine the presence of emotional and/or behavioral disorders such as:
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning disorders
- Mood disorders (Depression, Bipolar Disorder, etc.)
- Anxiety disorders (PTSD, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, etc.)
- Autism spectrum disorders
At the conclusion of the evaluation process, you will be provided with a written report that includes diagnostic impressions and recommendations. We also coordinate services with your child or adolescent’s pediatrician, school/educational setting, psychiatrist, and/or behavioral health provider as needed.
If you are seeking a psychological evaluation/testing for your child or adolescent, please contact us with questions or to schedule an initial appointment.